I felt the need to chide her sexual past, but I guess virgins aren’t that bad.
- To express disapproval of; scold.
- Obsolete: To be noise about; to chafe against.
- To utter words of disapprobation and displeasure; to find fault; to contend angrily.
- To make a clamorous noise; to chafe.
- A continuous noise or murmur.
blame, rebuke, reprove, scold, censure, reproach, reprehend, reprimand
From Middle English chiden, from Old English ċīdan. Cognate with German kiden; Old High German kīdal.
Cite this Entry
Chide. The Effin Word, The Effin Word, https://effinwords.com/dictionary/chide. Accessed 14 Apr. 2021.
The Effin Word, s.v. chide, accessed April 14, 2021, https://effinwords.com/dictionary/chide.
The Effin Word. (n.d.). Chide. In The Effin Word. Retrieved April 14, 2021, from https://effinwords.com/dictionary/chide